JOSEPH H. PLECK is Senior Research Associate at the Wellesley College Center for Research on Women. His major books are The Myth of Masculinity (1981), The Impact of Work Schedules on the Family (1983), and Working Wives, Working Husbands (1985). His research currently focuses on adolescent male sexual and contraceptive behavior, and on fathers' use of parental leave (both formal and informal) and other family-supportive employer policies.
Masculinity Ideology: Its Impact on Adolescent Males' Heterosexual Relationships
Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
1993 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 11–29, Fall 1993
How to Cite
Pleck, J. H., Sonenstein, F. L. and Ku, L. C. (1993), Masculinity Ideology: Its Impact on Adolescent Males' Heterosexual Relationships. Journal of Social Issues, 49: 11–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1993.tb01166.x
- Issue online: 14 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!