SUSAN McWILLIAMS is a Ph.D. candidate in sociology at the University of Washington. Being interested in the impact of status differences on face-to-face behavior, she is currently completing her dissertation research on the effects of social characteristics and demeanor on status and influence in small task groups. She is co-author of a chapter on “Evaluative Hierarchy in Personal Relationships” in Volume 7 of the Advances in Group Processes series.
Solidarity and Hierarchy in Cross-Sex Friendships
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1993 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 191–202, Fall 1993
How to Cite
McWilliams, S. and Howard, J. A. (1993), Solidarity and Hierarchy in Cross-Sex Friendships. Journal of Social Issues, 49: 191–202. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1993.tb01176.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!