JUDITH WORELL is Professor and Chair, Department of Educational and Counseling Psychology at the University of Kentucky. She was the recipient of the APA Committee on Women Distinguished Leader in Psychology and the Kentucky Psychological Association Distinguished Psychologist Award. She is the current Editor of Psychology of Women Quarterly, and author of numerous books, most recently Feminist Perspective in Therapy: An Empowerment Model for Women. Her research concerns gender issues in close relationships, as well as feminist approaches to education and therapy.
Gender in Close Relationships: Public Policy vs. Personal Prerogative
Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
1993 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 203–218, Fall 1993
How to Cite
Worell, J. (1993), Gender in Close Relationships: Public Policy vs. Personal Prerogative. Journal of Social Issues, 49: 203–218. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1993.tb01177.x
- Issue online: 14 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!