PHOEBE C. ELLSWORTH is a professor of psychology and a professor of law at the University of Michigan. She received her Ph.D. in psychology from Stanford University in 1970, taught at Yale from 1971 to 1981, at Stanford from 1981 to 1987, and has been at Michigan ever since. Her areas of specialty are law and psychology, and basic research on emotions. Before this article she has always kept the two quite separate.
Hardening of the Attitudes: Americans' Views on the Death Penalty
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1994 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 19–52, Summer 1994
How to Cite
Ellsworth, P. C. and Gross, S. R. (1994), Hardening of the Attitudes: Americans' Views on the Death Penalty. Journal of Social Issues, 50: 19–52. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1994.tb02409.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!