WILLIAM C. BAILEY is an professor of sociology and an associate dean of graduate studies at Cleveland State University. He received his Ph.D. in sociology from Washington State University in 1971. He has published extensively on the role of capital punishment in society, crime and deterrence, and urban crime patterns.
Murder, Capital Punishment, and Deterrence: A Review of the Evidence and an Examination of Police Killings
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1994 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 53–74, Summer 1994
How to Cite
Bailey, W. C. and Peterson, R. D. (1994), Murder, Capital Punishment, and Deterrence: A Review of the Evidence and an Examination of Police Killings. Journal of Social Issues, 50: 53–74. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1994.tb02410.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!