LOUISE F. FITZGERALD PH.D., is Associate Professor of Psychology and Womens' Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana—Champaign. She received her Ph.D. in psychology from the Ohio State University in 1979 and has held faculty positions at Kent State University and the University of California—Santa Barbara. Her major research area is sexual harassment in the workplace and academia, which she has been studying for nearly a decade. She is the 1992 recipient of the Holland Prize for Excellence in Research in Personality and Career Development and in 199 1 was the psychological consultant to Professor Anita Hill's legal team during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings.
Why Didn't She Just Report Him? The Psychological and Legal Implications of Women's Responses to Sexual Harassment
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1995 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 117–138, Spring 1995
How to Cite
Fitzgerald, L. F., Swan, S. and Fischer, K. (1995), Why Didn't She Just Report Him? The Psychological and Legal Implications of Women's Responses to Sexual Harassment. Journal of Social Issues, 51: 117–138. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1995.tb01312.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!