ANTHONY R. PRATKANIS is Professor of Psychology at University of California, Santa Cruz, and Director of the Graduate Program in Social Psychology. He received his Ph.D. from the Ohio State University and is the co-author of Age of Propaganda and co-editor of Attitude Structure and Function and of Social Psychology (Vols. 1–3).
Persuasion and Democracy: Strategies for Increasing Deliberative Participation and Enacting Social Change
Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
1996 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 187–205, Spring 1996
How to Cite
Pratkanis, A. R. and Turner, M. E. (1996), Persuasion and Democracy: Strategies for Increasing Deliberative Participation and Enacting Social Change. Journal of Social Issues, 52: 187–205. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1996.tb01369.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!