KAREN W. SAAKVITNE is the Clinical Director of the Traumatic Stress Institute/Center for Adult and Adolescent Psychotherapy LLC in South Windsor, CT. She holds a doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Michigan and completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Austen Riggs Center. She has coauthored two books and numerous chapters and articles on clinical theory and technique in psychotherapy with survivors of traumatic life events, with a special focus on the impact of the work on the therapist.
Exploring Thriving in the Context of Clinical Trauma Theory: Constructivist Self Development Theory
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
1998 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 279–299, Summer 1998
How to Cite
Saakvitne, K. W., Tennen, H. and Affleck, G. (1998), Exploring Thriving in the Context of Clinical Trauma Theory: Constructivist Self Development Theory. Journal of Social Issues, 54: 279–299. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.1998.tb01219.x
- Issue online: 9 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!