We wish to thank Leah Skovran, Adam Greteman, Brittany Travers, Judith Flichtbeil, Joshua Berg, and Nicole Neff for their help with data collection. We are grateful to the staff of the participating schools and the children for sharing their valuable time and insights with us. Preliminary data were presented at the 2003 Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development in Tampa, Florida, and the 2005 Midwestern Psychological Association in Chicago, Illinois.
Children's Nurturance and Self-Determination Rights: A Cross-Cultural Perspective
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2008
© 2008 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 835–856, December 2008
How to Cite
Cherney, I. D. and Shing, Y. L. (2008), Children's Nurturance and Self-Determination Rights: A Cross-Cultural Perspective. Journal of Social Issues, 64: 835–856. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2008.00591.x
- Issue published online: 25 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!