This issue developed over the years since Michele Alexander's untimely death in 2003. I met Michele upon our arrival at University of Maine where we quickly became friends and close colleagues. Our collaboration led to a series of experiments funded by the National Science Foundation; we were completing one of the manuscripts associated with these experiments when Michele died. Since Michele was an active officer in the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) and an up-and-coming researcher whose work on stereotypes was breaking new ground, I thought that the Journal of Social Issues (JSI), SPSSI's premier publication, would be not only the most appropriate outlet for this work, but also an important place that can serve as a platform from where to call out to social psychologists to continue on the research path that Michele was helping to construct. Once I discovered that JSI only accepts proposals for complete issues, I contacted a series of colleagues whose work fits with our focus on intragroup conflict and cooperation, thus beginning the long process that is represented in this issue as a tribute to Michele. Alexander Chizhik.
Intragroup Conflict and Cooperation: An Introduction
Article first published online: 10 APR 2009
© 2009 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 251–259, June 2009
How to Cite
Chizhik, A. W., Shelly, R. K. and Troyer, L. (2009), Intragroup Conflict and Cooperation: An Introduction. Journal of Social Issues, 65: 251–259. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2009.01599.x
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!