Ten years ago, we published our first article using this longitudinal data set in a volume of the Journal of Social Issues coedited by Michele Alexander and Shana Levin (Sinclair, Sidanius, & Levin, 1998). The topic of the volume was “Understanding and Resolving National and International Group Conflict.” The current article, written for a special issue of JSI dedicated to Michele, examines national group conflict. The focus of other work, conducted in collaboration with Michele, is international group conflict (Alexander, Levin, & Henry, 2005). Michele's legacy is the passion for scholarly inquiry she instilled in her students and stirred in her colleagues. Her inspiration will always be with us.
Ethnic and University Identities across the College Years: A Common In-Group Identity Perspective
Article first published online: 10 APR 2009
© 2009 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 287–306, June 2009
How to Cite
Levin, S., Sinclair, S., Sidanius, J. and Van Laar, C. (2009), Ethnic and University Identities across the College Years: A Common In-Group Identity Perspective. Journal of Social Issues, 65: 287–306. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2009.01601.x
This research was supported by grants from the Russell Sage Foundation, the UCLA Office of the Chancellor, and the National Science Foundation (Award No. BCS-9808686). Special thanks are due to David O. Sears for his collaboration on the longitudinal data collection. Stacey Sinclair is now at Princeton University.
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!