This research was supported by Grant Number R01GM071935 from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, or the National Institutes of Health. We are grateful for the support of research team members Faye Crosby, Elizabeth Espinosa, Lisa Hunter, Beth Jaworski, Deborah Kogan, Carrol Moran, Elizabeth Morgan, Jerome Shaw, and Julie Shattuck, as well as the leadership and members of the SACNAS .
The Role of Efficacy and Identity in Science Career Commitment Among Underrepresented Minority Students
Version of Record online: 13 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 67, Issue 3, pages 469–491, September 2011
How to Cite
Chemers, M. M., Zurbriggen, E. L., Syed, M., Goza, B. K. and Bearman, S. (2011), The Role of Efficacy and Identity in Science Career Commitment Among Underrepresented Minority Students. Journal of Social Issues, 67: 469–491. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2011.01710.x
At the time the study was conducted, all authors were in the Department of Psychology at the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC), with the exception of Barbara K. Goza, who was at the Educational Partnership Center at UCSC. Moin Syed is now in the Department of Psychology at the University of Minnesota, and Barbara K. Goza is now in the Department of Psychology at UCSC.
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2011
- Version of Record online: 13 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!