Because virtually all my research is a collaborative effort, the research discussed in the present essay was conducted with several graduate students—and a couple of colleagues. Therefore, I need to acknowledge the following individuals, in their “order of appearance,” for their immense contributions to the research: Christian Jordan, Leanne Son Hing, Steve Spencer, Tara MacDonald, Geoff Fong, Sonya Dal Cin, Erin Strahan, Emiko Yoshida, Jennifer Peach, Christine Logel, Danu Stinson, Dave Hammond, and Shelagh Towson. I also thank Gene Borgida, Christine Logel, and Adam Zanna for comments on an earlier draft of this essay. Finally, I thank Steve Spencer for delivering an abridged version of this essay at Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues’ 8th Biennial Convention in New Orleans—while I was on the “Disabled List.”
While Waiting for Nature to Take Her Course: There's Nothing So Practical as a Good…Design
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 67, Issue 3, pages 651–662, September 2011
How to Cite
Zanna, M. P. (2011), While Waiting for Nature to Take Her Course: There's Nothing So Practical as a Good…Design. Journal of Social Issues, 67: 651–662. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2011.01720.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!