We are grateful to Nicola Curtin, L. E. Hunter, Nicky Newton, and Danielle Shapiro for feedback on an earlier draft of this article. We also thank the faculty and graduate student members of three research groups at the University of Michigan that have provided insight and suggestions on the projects as they were developed: Sexual Diversity, Gender and Respect in Organizations, and Gender and Personality in Context.
Privileged Allies in Lesbian and Gay Rights Activism: Gender, Generation, and Resistance to Heteronormativity
Article first published online: 19 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Special Issue: Systems of Privilege: Intersections, Awareness, and Applications Issue Editors: Kim A. Case and Jonathan Iuzzini
Volume 68, Issue 1, pages 162–177, March 2012
How to Cite
Montgomery, S. A. and Stewart, A. J. (2012), Privileged Allies in Lesbian and Gay Rights Activism: Gender, Generation, and Resistance to Heteronormativity. Journal of Social Issues, 68: 162–177. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2012.01742.x
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 19 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!