This work was supported by a grant from the Russell Sage Foundation. The authors wish to thank the police officers who took part in the study and Calibre Press whose cooperation was integral to completing the research. They also thank Kyle Jensen and Christopher Blankenship for their tireless effort and assistance in the research.
The World Is Not Black and White: Racial Bias in the Decision to Shoot in a Multiethnic Context
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues
Journal of Social Issues
Special Issue: The Reality of Contemporary Discrimination in the United States: The Consequences of Hidden Bias in Real World Contexts ISSUE EDITORS Jason A. Nier and Samuel L. Gaertner
Volume 68, Issue 2, pages 286–313, June 2012
How to Cite
Sadler, M. S., Correll, J., Park, B. and Judd, C. M. (2012), The World Is Not Black and White: Racial Bias in the Decision to Shoot in a Multiethnic Context. Journal of Social Issues, 68: 286–313. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2012.01749.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!