Presented at the Conference for the Teacher of the Bilingual Child, University of Texas, June 8–10, 1964, and prepared while the author was a Fellow (1963–1964) at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University.
The Status and Prospects of Bilingualism in the United States*
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2011
1965 The Modern Language Journal
The Modern Language Journal
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 143–155, March 1965
How to Cite
Fishman, J. A. (1965), The Status and Prospects of Bilingualism in the United States. The Modern Language Journal, 49: 143–155. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4781.1965.tb00844.x
- Issue published online: 20 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 20 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!