Both authors contributed equally to the development of this manuscript. We offer our thanks for the support and involvement of a variety of nongovernmental, community-based, and commercial organizations in South India, and the invaluable assistance of S. Gajendiran and R. Venkatesan who have been core members of our team. This work was supported by grants to the first author from the Center for International Business Education and Research at the University of Illinois, which is funded by the United States Department of Education (P220A60003-98, P220A020011, and P220A060028), and a grant to the first author from the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance. Support was also provided by the Department of Business Administration, the Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems, the College of Business, the Campus Research Board, the Academic for Entrepreneurial Leadership, and the Hoeft Technology and Management Program at the University of Illinois and several organizational sponsors.
Product Development for the BoP: Insights on Concept and Prototype Development from University-Based Student Projects in India†
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2011
© 2011 Product Development & Management Association
Journal of Product Innovation Management
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 52–69, January 2012
How to Cite
Viswanathan, M. and Sridharan, S. (2012), Product Development for the BoP: Insights on Concept and Prototype Development from University-Based Student Projects in India. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29: 52–69. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5885.2011.00878.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2011
- United States Department of Education. Grant Numbers: P220A60003-98, P220A020011, P220A060028
- National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!