I am grateful to Michael McCann, Stuart Scheingold, Christine DiStefano, David Olson, and Jon Goldberg-Hiller, each of whom offered valuable comments on previous versions of the work presented here. Tom Burke and Susan Burgess offered very useful comments and encouragement on the initial draft of this article. Mary Dudas helped me sharpen the argument at crucial points in its development. Finally, I thank Herbert Kritzer and the anonymous reviewers of the Law & Society Review for their thoughtful suggestions and their help in bringing this work to publication.
In the Name of Equal Rights: “Special” Rights and the Politics of Resentment in Post–Civil Rights America
Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2005
Law & Society Review
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 723–758, December 2005
How to Cite
Dudas, J. R. (2005), In the Name of Equal Rights: “Special” Rights and the Politics of Resentment in Post–Civil Rights America. Law & Society Review, 39: 723–758. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2005.00243.x
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2005
- Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!