We wish to thank first the participants in this study. Thanks also to Samuel Bagenstos, Lauren Edelman, Chuck Epp, Bob Kagan, Mark Kessler, and Susan Silbey for their comments during various stages of this project. We gratefully acknowledge the thoughtful comments on previous drafts from participants in the 2004 and 2005 conferences of the Western Political Science Association, the 2005 conference of the American Political Science Association, and the 2005 Syracuse University Law and Politics Seminar. Further thanks are owed to the anonymous reviewers and editors at Law & Society Review, whose insightful feedback stimulated our thinking. Finally, we thank the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for its generous financial support through its Scholar in Health Policy Research Program.
The Diffusion of Rights: From Law on the Books to Organizational Rights Practices
Article first published online: 1 SEP 2006
Law & Society Review
Volume 40, Issue 3, pages 493–524, September 2006
How to Cite
Barnes, J. and Burke, T. F. (2006), The Diffusion of Rights: From Law on the Books to Organizational Rights Practices. Law & Society Review, 40: 493–524. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2006.00271.x
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!