Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 2003 Annual Meeting of the Society for the Study of Social Problems and the 2004 Annual Meeting of the Law and Society Association. I am especially grateful to Valerie Jenness, Kitty Calavita, and Susan Coutin for their input on this project and for their ongoing support of my research interests. I also thank Herbert Kritzer and the anonymous reviewers who provided critical and constructive comments on earlier versions of this article, as well as Laura Grindstaff and Gray Cavender for their input on methodological issues.
Queers and Provocateurs: Hegemony, Ideology, and the “Homosexual Advance” Defense
Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2006
Law & Society Review
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 903–930, December 2006
How to Cite
Smyth, M. A. (2006), Queers and Provocateurs: Hegemony, Ideology, and the “Homosexual Advance” Defense. Law & Society Review, 40: 903–930. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2006.00285.x
- Issue online: 28 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 NOV 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!