The author owes a special debt of gratitude to Amy Bridges for her insight and improvement of the manuscript. The author also would like to thank the many people whose comments on earlier versions have helped improve this article, particularly Gary Jacobson, Roy B. Flemming, Leslie Goldstein, Harry Hirsch, Victor Magagna, Martin Shapiro, Christopher Shortell, Heather Smith, and Jessica Trounstine. In addition, the anonymous reviewers, editors, and editorial board members of LSR were exceptionally helpful.
Credible Commitments and the Early American Supreme Court
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2008
© 2008 by The Law and Society Association. All rights reserved.
Law & Society Review
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 75–110, March 2008
How to Cite
Smith, C. A. (2008), Credible Commitments and the Early American Supreme Court. Law & Society Review, 42: 75–110. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2008.00335.x
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!