This research was supported by grants from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the National Science Foundation (SBR-9701512), the Life Course Center, and a Faculty Summer Fellowship at the University of Minnesota. My thanks to the respondents, to Frank Dobbin and Alexandra Kalev for their collaboration on the larger project and comments, to Samantha Ammons and Eric Dahlin for research assistance, and to John Budd, Ann C. Crouter, Sally Kenney, Candace Kruttschnitt, David Knoke, Phyllis Moen, Evan Schofer, Robin Stryker, Joachim Savelsberg, Mark Suchman, Pam Tolbert, Chris Uggen, and the editor and reviewers for helpful comments. Previous versions were presented at the 2004 meetings of the Law & Society Association, the 2005 meetings of the American Sociological Association, the University of Minnesota, and Penn State University. Please address correspondence to Erin L. Kelly, 909 Social Sciences, 267 19th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55455; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to Update: An Institutional Perspective on Noncompliance With the Family and Medical Leave Act
Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2010
© 2010 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 33–66, March 2010
How to Cite
Kelly, E. L. (2010), Failure to Update: An Institutional Perspective on Noncompliance With the Family and Medical Leave Act. Law & Society Review, 44: 33–66. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2010.00395.x
- Issue online: 31 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!