The authors wish to thank Carol Rose, Andrew McWilliam, and two anonymous reviewers for their insights and comments. The authors owe a considerable debt of gratitude to the people of Babulo, and the members of East Timor's Land and Property Unit, for their hospitality and generosity. Research for this article was funded by a grant from the Australian Research Council (Discovery Project DP0556531, with Andrew McWilliam).
The Relative Resilience of Property: First Possession and Order Without Law in East Timor
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2010
© 2010 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 205–238, June 2010
How to Cite
Fitzpatrick, D. and Barnes, S. (2010), The Relative Resilience of Property: First Possession and Order Without Law in East Timor. Law & Society Review, 44: 205–238. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2010.00402.x
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!