The authors wish to thank Alexes Harris, Michael McCann, Christopher Parker, Dara Strolovitch, Jack Turner, and four anonymous reviewers for their insightful and constructive feedback. The authors are listed in reverse alphabetical order; each contributed importantly to the development of this article. Please direct correspondence to Naomi Murakawa, Department of Political Science, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-3530; e-mail: email@example.com.
The Penology of Racial Innocence: The Erasure of Racism in the Study and Practice of Punishment
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2010
© 2010 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 44, Issue 3-4, pages 695–730, September/December 2010
How to Cite
Murakawa, N. and Beckett, K. (2010), The Penology of Racial Innocence: The Erasure of Racism in the Study and Practice of Punishment. Law & Society Review, 44: 695–730. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2010.00420.x
- Issue published online: 18 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!