The authors wish to thank Alexes Harris, Michael McCann, Christopher Parker, Dara Strolovitch, Jack Turner, and four anonymous reviewers for their insightful and constructive feedback. The authors are listed in reverse alphabetical order; each contributed importantly to the development of this article. Please direct correspondence to Naomi Murakawa, Department of Political Science, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-3530; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Penology of Racial Innocence: The Erasure of Racism in the Study and Practice of Punishment
Version of Record online: 18 OCT 2010
© 2010 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 44, Issue 3-4, pages 695–730, September/December 2010
How to Cite
Murakawa, N. and Beckett, K. (2010), The Penology of Racial Innocence: The Erasure of Racism in the Study and Practice of Punishment. Law & Society Review, 44: 695–730. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2010.00420.x
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!