I am grateful to Hiroshi Motomura, Sylvanna Falcón, Leo Chavez, and Lilia Soto for their feedback on previous drafts of this article. I am indebted to Carroll Seron and the three anonymous reviewers for their incredibly helpful suggestions. I also benefited from presenting the paper at the 2009 Law & Society Association Conference. Special thanks to Carlos Colorado for his support. This research was generously supported by the University of California Office of the President, the Mellon Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Haynes Foundation, the UCLA Latin American Center, and the Latin American Studies Association Section on Central America. Please address correspondence to Leisy Abrego, Department of Chicana and Chicano Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 7357 Bunche Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1559; e-mail: email@example.com.
Legal Consciousness of Undocumented Latinos: Fear and Stigma as Barriers to Claims-Making for First- and 1.5-Generation Immigrants
Article first published online: 25 MAY 2011
© 2011 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 337–370, June 2011
How to Cite
Abrego, L. J. (2011), Legal Consciousness of Undocumented Latinos: Fear and Stigma as Barriers to Claims-Making for First- and 1.5-Generation Immigrants. Law & Society Review, 45: 337–370. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2011.00435.x
- Issue published online: 25 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 25 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!