I am indebted to the Journal's four anonymous reviewers and the editors for their comments which greatly improved this manuscript. I wish to thank the British Academy for generous financial assistance, which made its preparation possible. I would like to acknowledge Rachel Cichowski, Carol Day, David Erdos, Liz Fisher, Tim Hicks, Chris Hilson, Kathleen Hull, and Dan Kelemen for sharing their insights and providing helpful comments on earlier drafts. I am particularly grateful to Rob Abercrombie who read and commented on the manuscript numerous times and to Corin Throsby for her able editorial assistance. Thanks also to participants and audience members at the Law and Society Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, Il (May 27th to 30th, 2010), the International Political Science Association's Comparative Judicial Studies Group Meeting in Bologna, Italy (June 21st to 23rd, 2010), the Role of Courts in a Democracy Workshop at Oxford University (Feb 10th and 11th 2010), the Oxford Environmental Law Discussion Group (Feb 22nd 2011), the Workshop on Law, Rights and Mobilization in a Multi-level Europe in Onati, Spain (June 16th–17th, 2011) and the UCL Department of Political Science Departmental Seminar for helpful comments. Thank you to Sarah Wilkins Laflamme, Nehal Panchamia and Asma Vranaki for their excellent research assistance. Please direct all correspondence to Lisa Vanhala, Department of Political Science and School of Public Policy, University College London, 29–30 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9QU, United Kingdom; e-mail: L.email@example.com.
Legal Opportunity Structures and the Paradox of Legal Mobilization by the Environmental Movement in the UK
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2012
© 2012 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 523–556, September 2012
How to Cite
Vanhala, L. (2012), Legal Opportunity Structures and the Paradox of Legal Mobilization by the Environmental Movement in the UK. Law & Society Review, 46: 523–556. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2012.00505.x
- Issue published online: 23 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!