Funding was provided by the Social Science Research Council, National Science Foundation (SES-0962129), University of California, Berkeley, and National University of Singapore. I wish to thank Kristin Luker, Catherine Albiston, Calvin Morrill, Kim Voss, Mark Massoud, Indulekshimi Rajeswari, the editors and anonymous reviewers, and the audiences at the Law and Society Association, Chinese University of Hong Kong, University of Melbourne, Australian National University, and National University of Singapore, where earlier versions of this article were presented. Most of all, I am grateful to the study respondents. Please direct all correspondence to Lynette J. Chua, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore, 469G Bukit Timah Road, Eu Tong Sen Building, Singapore 259776; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pragmatic Resistance, Law, and Social Movements in Authoritarian States: The Case of Gay Collective Action in Singapore
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
© 2012 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 713–748, December 2012
How to Cite
Chua, L. J. (2012), Pragmatic Resistance, Law, and Social Movements in Authoritarian States: The Case of Gay Collective Action in Singapore. Law & Society Review, 46: 713–748. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2012.00515.x
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Social Science Research Council
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: SES-0962129
- University of California, Berkeley
- National University of Singapore
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!