The author thanks the anonymous reviewers and the editors of this journal for their very useful feedback in crafting this article. She would also like to thank Justin McCrary and Calvin Morrill for their multifaceted assistance on the project, as well as Lauren Edelman, Jonathan Simon, and Jamie Rowen for their very helpful comments on later versions of the manuscript. Finally, the author would like to thank Malcolm Feeley for providing the impetus and inspiration to write this article, as well as for his many helpful comments on the various drafts. The author takes sole responsibility for any flaws found herein. Please direct all correspondence to Ashley T. Rubin, Jurisprudence & Social Policy Program, University of California, 2240 Piedmont Ave., Berkeley, CA 94720; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Unintended Consequences of Penal Reform: A Case Study of Penal Transportation in Eighteenth-Century London
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
© 2012 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 815–851, December 2012
How to Cite
Rubin, A. T. (2012), The Unintended Consequences of Penal Reform: A Case Study of Penal Transportation in Eighteenth-Century London. Law & Society Review, 46: 815–851. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2012.00518.x
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!