We are deeply grateful for thoughtful comments from current and previous editors of LSR, three anonymous reviewers, and our Northwestern colleagues, including especially Arthur Stinchcombe. The data for this article were collected for “Clinic-Level Law: The ‘Legalization’ of Medicine in AIDS Treatment and Research,” a project supported by the American Bar Foundation, the National Science Foundation (NSF SES – 0319560, PI Carol Heimer), and the Russell Sage Foundation. Please direct all correspondence to Carol A. Heimer or J. Lynn Gazley, Department of Sociology, Northwestern University, 1810 Chicago Ave., Evanston, IL 60208; e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performing Regulation: Transcending Regulatory Ritualism in HIV Clinics
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
© 2012 Law and Society Association
Law & Society Review
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 853–887, December 2012
How to Cite
Heimer, C. A. and Gazley, J. L. (2012), Performing Regulation: Transcending Regulatory Ritualism in HIV Clinics. Law & Society Review, 46: 853–887. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5893.2012.00519.x
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2012
- American Bar Foundation
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: NSF SES – 0319560
- Russell Sage Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!