We wish to acknowledge our colleagues on the German, Japanese, and American research teams of the Cross National Election Project: Max Kaase, Hans Dieter Klingemann, Rüdiger Schmitt-Beck, Hiroshi Akuto, Paul Beck, and Russell Dalton. We are also grateful to the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft for financing the 1990 German study, to the Japanese Ministry of Education for the support of the 1993 Japanese study, and to the National Science Foundation of the United States for its support of the 1992 American study. The German data can be obtained from the Central Archive for Empirical Social Research at the University of Cologne (http://www.gesis.org/ZA/): ZA Study Number 2517. The Japanese data can be obtained from the Social Science Japan Data Archive (http://ssjda.iss.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/): SSJ Study Number 0145. The American data can be obtained from the Interuniversity Consortium for Social and Political Research (http://www.icpsr.umich.edu): ICPSR Study Number 6541.
Patterns of Disagreement in Democratic Politics: Comparing Germany, Japan, and the United States
Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 497–514, July 2005
How to Cite
Huckfeldt, R., Ikeda, K. and Pappi, F. U. (2005), Patterns of Disagreement in Democratic Politics: Comparing Germany, Japan, and the United States. American Journal of Political Science, 49: 497–514. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2005.00138.x
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!