The authors would like to thank Steve Chan, Stephan Haggard, Eckard Janeba, Robert Kaufman, David Leblang, Keith Maskus, Jorge Oliveira Pires, Dennis Quinn, Nita Rudra, Evelyne Huber, Kurt Weyland, the editors, and three anonymous referees for their helpful comments and suggestions. Special thanks go to Raúl Madrid and Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak. We would also like to acknowledge support from GV-Pesquisa (FGV-EAESP).
The Effects of Capital Mobility, Trade Openness, and Democracy on Social Spending in Latin America, 1980–1999
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 625–641, July 2005
How to Cite
Avelino, G., Brown, D. S. and Hunter, W. (2005), The Effects of Capital Mobility, Trade Openness, and Democracy on Social Spending in Latin America, 1980–1999. American Journal of Political Science, 49: 625–641. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2005.00146.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!