The authors would like to thank Steve Chan, Stephan Haggard, Eckard Janeba, Robert Kaufman, David Leblang, Keith Maskus, Jorge Oliveira Pires, Dennis Quinn, Nita Rudra, Evelyne Huber, Kurt Weyland, the editors, and three anonymous referees for their helpful comments and suggestions. Special thanks go to Raúl Madrid and Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak. We would also like to acknowledge support from GV-Pesquisa (FGV-EAESP).
The Effects of Capital Mobility, Trade Openness, and Democracy on Social Spending in Latin America, 1980–1999
Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 625–641, July 2005
How to Cite
Avelino, G., Brown, D. S. and Hunter, W. (2005), The Effects of Capital Mobility, Trade Openness, and Democracy on Social Spending in Latin America, 1980–1999. American Journal of Political Science, 49: 625–641. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2005.00146.x
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!