For comments on previous versions of this article, we thank Scott Allard, Mo Fiorina, Linda Fowler, Amy Gangl, Kent Jennings, Terry Moe, Zoe Oxley, Wendy Schiller, Walt Stone, and Sean Theriault. We are grateful to the Carrie Chapman Catt Center, the Center for American Women and Politics, the Stanford Institute for the Quantitative Study of Society, Union College, and Stanford University for providing the funding to carry out the survey on which our results are based.
To Run or Not to Run for Office: Explaining Nascent Political Ambition
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 642–659, July 2005
How to Cite
Fox, R. L. and Lawless, J. L. (2005), To Run or Not to Run for Office: Explaining Nascent Political Ambition. American Journal of Political Science, 49: 642–659. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2005.00147.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!