The authors would like to thank Scott Bennett, Suzie De Boef, Garrett Glasgow, Joseph Lang, Gary King, Chris Zorn, and the anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions; Randolph M. Siverson, Giacomo Chiozza, and H.E. Goemans for providing assistance with data. All remaining errors are ours. Statistical code used for Monte Carlo simulations and DURSEL program used for model estimation in STATA are available from the authors' Websites.
Selection Bias and Continuous-Time Duration Models: Consequences and a Proposed Solution
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 192–207, January 2006
How to Cite
Boehmke, F. J., Morey, D. S. and Shannon, M. (2006), Selection Bias and Continuous-Time Duration Models: Consequences and a Proposed Solution. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 192–207. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00178.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!