The authors would like to thank: R. Douglas Arnold, David Brady, Ira Katznelson, David Mayhew, Mat McCubbins, Nolan McCarty, Rose Razaghian, Doug Rivers, Ken Scheve and participants of the Center for the Study of Democratic Politics at Princeton University, participants of the American politics workshops at Columbia University, Northwestern University, and MIT, Cal Tech's political economy workshop participants, and participants in the History of Congress II Conference at Stanford University for helpful suggestions and reactions. Lapinski thanks the Russell Sage Foundation's Scholars in Residence Program for a condusive environment for research and writing as well as the National Science Foundation (SES 0318280) and Columbia University's ISERP and the Institution for Social and Policy Studies at Yale University for financial assistance for the data collection effort. Assistance in data collection has been provided by many individuals, particularly helpful were Eldon Porter, Andrew Roach, Sylvia Wu, Don Phan, Cleve Doty, and Daniel Clemens of Yale University, Melanie Springer and Christine Greer of Columbia University, and Nancy Danch of the Bobst Center for Peace and Justice at Princeton University.
Measuring Legislative Accomplishment, 1877–1994
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2005
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 1, pages 232–249, January 2006
How to Cite
Clinton, J. D. and Lapinski, J. S. (2006), Measuring Legislative Accomplishment, 1877–1994. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 232–249. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00181.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2005
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!