We are grateful to Michael Bailey, James Gibson, Ken Greene, Soo-Yeon Kim, Steven Levitsky, Evan Lieberman, Juan Linz, Andreas Schedler, Nicolas van de Walle, Lucan Way, and three anonymous reviewers for their comments and suggestions on earlier versions of this article, and to Ashley Goodrich-Mahoney, Wendy Ollinger, and Sara Beth Wallace for research assistance. Previous versions of this article were presented at the Center for International Development and Conflict Management, University of Maryland, November 2004, and the American Political Science Association Annual Meeting, Washington D.C., September 2005.
Liberalizing Electoral Outcomes in Competitive Authoritarian Regimes
Article first published online: 29 MAR 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 365–381, April 2006
How to Cite
Howard, M. M. and Roessler, P. G. (2006), Liberalizing Electoral Outcomes in Competitive Authoritarian Regimes. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 365–381. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00189.x
- Issue published online: 29 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 29 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!