The topic of the article came up in conversations with Guido Tabellini. We thank him, Allen Drazen, Rob Franzese, Shanna Rose and seminar participants at University of Copenhagen, EEA and Juan March Institute (Madrid), and Harvard University for comments and suggestions. Further, we thank Sona Nadenichek Golder for access to her data on political polarization. Work on the article was begun when Lassen was visiting CBRSS at Harvard University. He thanks them for their hospitality and gratefully acknowledges funding through an EPRU-network grant. The activities of EPRU are financed through a grant from the Danish National Research Foundation.
Transparency, Political Polarization, and Political Budget Cycles in OECD Countries
Article first published online: 21 JUN 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 530–550, July 2006
How to Cite
Alt, J. E. and Lassen, D. D. (2006), Transparency, Political Polarization, and Political Budget Cycles in OECD Countries. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 530–550. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00200.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 21 JUN 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!