Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 2000 annual meetings of the American Political Science Association, the Midwest Political Science Association, and the Peace Science Society (International). Helpful comments were also received during seminar presentations at Emory University, Harvard University, the University of Wisconsin–Madison, and Yale University, and by participants in the University of Rochester's Watson Center seminar series. In particular, we would like to thank Stuart Bremer, Charles Franklin, Stephen Gent, Arman Grigorian, Paul Huth, Kris Ramsay, Branislav Slantchev, Alan Stam, and Robert Walker for their helpful comments; Kris Ramsay, Dustin Tingley, and Kuzey Yilmaz for their research assistance; and Paul Huth for providing his data. We gratefully acknowledge support from the National Science Foundation (SES-9817947 and SES-0213771 for Signorino, and SES-0518945 for Tarar) and from the Watson Center for Conflict and Cooperation. Derivations, graphs, and additional case studies not included in this article are available from the authors at http://www.rochester.edu/College/PSC/Signorino.
A Unified Theory and Test of Extended Immediate Deterrence
Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 586–605, July 2006
How to Cite
Signorino, C. S. and Tarar, A. (2006), A Unified Theory and Test of Extended Immediate Deterrence. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 586–605. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00203.x
- Issue online: 21 JUN 2006
- Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!