The authors would like to thank editors and anonymous reviewers, as well as Fred Boehmke, Brian Crisp, Martha Derthick, Laura Evans, Matt Golder, Sona Golder, Keith Hamm, Greg Huber, Gary Moncrief, Chris Mooney, Kira Sanbonmatsu, Joe Soss, Pev Squire, and seminar and conference participants at Florida State University, Indiana University, the University of Iowa, the University of Michigan, The Ohio State University, Washington University, Yale University, the Midwest Political Science Association meetings, and the State Politics and Policy meetings for helpful comments. We are also indebted to Angela Enciso, Tracy Finlayson, Ken Moffett, and Jacob Nelson for valuable research assistance, to The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for financial support, and to Jamie Chriqui for providing us with the updated version of the National Cancer Institute's State Cancer Legislative Database. In addition, local tobacco control ordinance data was provided by the American Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation Local Tobacco Control Ordinance Database©.
Bottom-Up Federalism: The Diffusion of Antismoking Policies from U.S. Cities to States
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 825–843, October 2006
How to Cite
Shipan, C. R. and Volden, C. (2006), Bottom-Up Federalism: The Diffusion of Antismoking Policies from U.S. Cities to States. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 825–843. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00218.x
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!