Thanks to John Gerring, Marty Gilens, James Honaker, Phil Keefer, Marisa Kellam, Jeff Lewis, Kevin Morrison, Irfan Nooruddin, Aakanksha Pande, Dan Posner, Lant Pritchett, Duncan Thomas, Peter Timmer, Dan Treisman, James Vreeland, Jeremy Weinstein, Deborah Yashar, and two anonymous reviewers for insightful comments, ideas, and technical help; to José Cheibub, Ken Hill, Gareth Jones, Layna Mosley, Andrew Reynolds, and Jeff Sachs for sharing their data; and to Tatiana Rizova and Ani Sarkissan for research assistance. Earlier versions of this article have been presented at seminars at UCLA; the Center for Global Development; Oxford University; Stanford University; Duke University; University of California, San Diego; and Princeton University.
Is Democracy Good for the Poor?
Version of Record online: 19 SEP 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 860–874, October 2006
How to Cite
Ross, M. (2006), Is Democracy Good for the Poor?. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 860–874. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00220.x
- Issue online: 19 SEP 2006
- Version of Record online: 19 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!