The authors wish to thank Matthew Golder and six anonymous referees for their suggestions, which have resulted in a much better article than the original and intermediary drafts. The authors also appreciate the support of two modest grants, one from the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA) and one from the Graduate College at the University of Iowa that facilitated the research for this article. Joel D. Barkan's work on this article was also supported by a fellowship from the National Endowment for Democracy
Space Matters: Designing Better Electoral Systems for Emerging Democracies
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 926–939, October 2006
How to Cite
Barkan, J. D., Densham, P. J. and Rushton, G. (2006), Space Matters: Designing Better Electoral Systems for Emerging Democracies. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 926–939. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00224.x
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!