A previous version of this article was presented at the 2005 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, Washington, DC. We thank Ben Highton for congressional candidate data, Keith Poole for DW-NOMINATE data, and Jim Snyder for campaign finance data. David Campbell, Zoltan Hajnal, Rodney Hero, Cindy Kam, Brian Newman, Gary Segura, and the AJPS reviewers offered very helpful comments. Mallory Brown provided valuable research assistance.
Descriptive Representation and the Composition of African American Turnout
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2006
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 998–1012, October 2006
How to Cite
Griffin, J. D. and Keane, M. (2006), Descriptive Representation and the Composition of African American Turnout. American Journal of Political Science, 50: 998–1012. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2006.00229.x
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!