Maria Victoria Murillo is associate professor of political science, Columbia University, 420 W. 118th Street #832, New York, NY 10027 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cecilia Martínez-Gallardo is assistant professor of political science, Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas, Carretera México-Toluca 3655, Lomas de Santa Fe 01210, México, D.F., México (email@example.com).
Political Competition and Policy Adoption: Market Reforms in Latin American Public Utilities
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2007
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 120–139, January 2007
How to Cite
Murillo, M. V. and Martínez-Gallardo, C. (2007), Political Competition and Policy Adoption: Market Reforms in Latin American Public Utilities. American Journal of Political Science, 51: 120–139. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2007.00241.x
We would like to thank the following people for their insightful comments and conversations: Ruth Collier, Keith Darden, Jorge Dominguez, Jeffrey Frieden, Anna Gryzmala-Busse, Evelyne Huber, John Huber, Pauline Jones-Luong, Ira Katznelson, Robert Kaufman, Evan Lieberman, Covadonga Messeguer, Layna Mosley, Pablo Pinto, Graeme Robertson, Carlos Rufin, Andrew Schrank, Mike Tomz, the participants in the Stanford University Comparative Politics Workshop, the University of Chicago Comparative Politics Workshop, the Watson Institute Colloquium on Comparative Research at Brown University, the GSP workshop, the David Rockefeller Seminar on Latin America at Harvard University, and the Conference on Regulation in Latin America: Internationalization and Domestic Politics at CIDE, and four anonymous reviewers. We would also like to thank for help with data and coding issues Dinorah Azpuru, Ana Maria Bejarano, Miguel Carter, Michael Coppedege, Ricardo Cordova, Diego Finchelstein, Jonathan Hartlyn, Witold Henisz, David Levi-Faur and Jacint Jordana, Lazlo Lovei, Orlando Perez, Emilio Pineda, David Roll, James Vreeland, and Lixin Colin Xu. M. Victoria Murillo acknowledges funding from CIBER and ISERP and the institutional support of the Departments of Political Science and International Affairs at Columbia University and Cecilia Martınez-Gallardo thanks the institutional support of CIDE.
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!