This research was funded in part by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Issue Definition, Information Processing, and the Politics of Global Warming
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 552–568, July 2007
How to Cite
Wood, B. D. and Vedlitz, A. (2007), Issue Definition, Information Processing, and the Politics of Global Warming. American Journal of Political Science, 51: 552–568. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2007.00267.x
A related theoretical literature is that involving risk assessment. Policy problems become more salient to the public as the probability of potential risks (or advantages) become clear (). The public's understanding of risk is usually identified as the product of various social forces and psychological processes (Beck 1992; Freudenberg 1993; Kasperson et al. 2003; Luhman 1993; National Research Council 1996).
- Issue published online: 19 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!