Ward's research was supported by grants from the Methods, Measurement, and Statistics Program at the National Science Foundation, numbers SES-0417559 and SES-0631531. This research greatly benefitted from many helpful suggestions from Kristin M. Bakke, Nathaniel Beck, Bear F. Braumoeller, Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, John R. Freeman, Jeff Gill, Kristian Skrede Gleditsch, Peter D. Hoff, Gary King, Aseem Prakash, Adrian Raftery, Dennis L. Ward, Anton Westveld, and Erik Wibbels. David Callaway and John E. Daniels of the Social Science Data Service at the Institute of Governmental Affairs at the University of California, Davis were especially helpful to us at a critical point in our quest for distributed computing resources, which we found at the San Diego Supercomputer Center at the University of California, San Diego. We thank Chris Adolph for sharing his code for “ropeladder” plots (http://faculty.washington.edu/cadolph/code.shtml). Finally, we thank reviewers for helpful and invigorating comments.
Disputes, Democracies, and Dependencies: A Reexamination of the Kantian Peace
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 583–601, July 2007
How to Cite
Ward, M. D., Siverson, R. M. and Cao, X. (2007), Disputes, Democracies, and Dependencies: A Reexamination of the Kantian Peace. American Journal of Political Science, 51: 583–601. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2007.00269.x
Summaries of the literature on the democratic peace include Chan (1997), Ray (1998), and Morrow (2002). An incomplete list of articles on this topic would include , , Lake (1992), Maoz and Russett (1993), Farber and Gowa (1995), Ray (1995), Maoz (1996), Rousseau et al. (1996), Farber and Gowa (1997), Gleditsch and Hegre (1997), Mansfield and Snyder (1997), Mousseau (1997), Oneal and Russett (1997), Raknerud and Hegre (1997), Thompson and Tucker (1997), Gartzke (1998), Maoz (1998), Russett, Oneal, and Davis (1998), Cederman (2001), Russett and Oneal (2001), Schultz (2001), Huth and Allee (2002), Dixon and Senese (2002), Russett, Oneal, and Berbaum (2003), and Goertz, Jones, and Diehl (2005), among many others.
- Issue published online: 19 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!