Jóhanna Kristín Birnir is assistant professor of government, Post-doctoral Fellow, START and CIDCM, University of Maryland, 0145 Tydings Hall, College Park, MD 20742 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Divergence in Diversity? The Dissimilar Effects of Cleavages on Electoral Politics in New Democracies
Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 602–619, July 2007
How to Cite
Kristín Birnir, J. (2007), Divergence in Diversity? The Dissimilar Effects of Cleavages on Electoral Politics in New Democracies. American Journal of Political Science, 51: 602–619. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2007.00270.x
I would like to thank John Londregan and Björn Birnir for help with the model. Allyson Benton, Barbara Geddes, Stathis Kalyvas, Raul Madrid, Stephen Saideman, Michael Thies, David Waguespack, Frank Zagare, and members of the faculty workshop at Buffalo provided helpful comments at various stages of writing. A part of the paper was presented at the Annual Conference of the American Political Science Association. I thank Nil Satana and Rafael Davtian for excellent research assistance and the Baldy center at the University of Buffalo for funding the data collection with special thanks to the director, Lynn Mather. Jonathan Wilkenfeld, CIDCM, and the START centers at the University of Maryland I thank for institutional support and the National Academics and Department of Homeland Security Research Associate program for funding the completion of the paper. Three anonymous reviewers provided exceptionally cogent and constructive comments. As usual all errors and omissions are my own.
- Issue published online: 19 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 19 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!