We thank Matt Golder for making his data available and Rafaela Dancygier and Athanassios Roussias for research assistance. We also thank Cliff Carrubba, Bill Clark, Jamie Druckman, John Freeman, Jude Hays, Sara Hobolt, Orit Kedar, Gary Marks, Mark Peffley, Wendy Rahn, Nick Valentino, Rob Van Houweling, Dominick Wright, Dean Yang, John Zaller, and conference participants at the University of Michigan, UCLA, the Comparative Study of Electoral Systems Plenary Session, and the annual meetings of the Midwest Political Science Association and the American Political Science Association for helpful comments.
Estimating the Effect of Elite Communications on Public Opinion Using Instrumental Variables
Article first published online: 2 OCT 2007
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 51, Issue 4, pages 1013–1028, October 2007
How to Cite
Gabel, M. and Scheve, K. (2007), Estimating the Effect of Elite Communications on Public Opinion Using Instrumental Variables. American Journal of Political Science, 51: 1013–1028. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2007.00294.x
- Issue published online: 2 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 2 OCT 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!