Versions of this article were presented at the 2006 Southern Political Science Association and Southwestern Political Science Association meetings, where I benefited from comments by Daniel Kapust and Devin Stauffer. The editors and anonymous reviewers of the journal helped to improve the manuscript, particularly in the first and sixth sections. Conversations with E. A. Goerner and David O'Connor have helped me to understand better Book I of the Politics. I am grateful to the Earhart Foundation and the University of Notre Dame for supporting this research and, in particular, to Catherine Zuckert for her careful review of the manuscript.
Aristotle and the Eleatic Stranger on the Nature and Purpose of Political Life
Article first published online: 18 JAN 2008
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 1–15, January 2008
How to Cite
Cherry, K. M. (2008), Aristotle and the Eleatic Stranger on the Nature and Purpose of Political Life. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 1–15. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2007.00295.x
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 18 JAN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!