Ryan Patrick Hanley is assistant professor of political science, Marquette University, PO Box 1881, Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881 (email@example.com).
Enlightened Nation Building: The “Science of the Legislator” in Adam Smith and Rousseau
Article first published online: 4 APR 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 219–234, April 2008
How to Cite
Hanley, R. P. (2008), Enlightened Nation Building: The “Science of the Legislator” in Adam Smith and Rousseau. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 219–234. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00309.x
Earlier versions of this article were delivered in 2005 at the University of Wisconsin Political Theory Workshop, and also at the 2005 annual meetings of the New England Political Science Association and the American Political Science Association. I am very grateful to those audiences—and particularly to Richard Boyd, Eric MacGilvary, Alice Behnegar, Louis Hunt, David Lay Williams, and the three anonymous reviewers—for many helpful suggestions.
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!