John S. Lapinski is associate professor of political science, University of Pennsylvania, 208 S. 37th Street, Room 217, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6215 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Policy Substance and Performance in American Lawmaking, 1877–1994
Article first published online: 4 APR 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 235–251, April 2008
How to Cite
Lapinski, J. S. (2008), Policy Substance and Performance in American Lawmaking, 1877–1994. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 235–251. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00310.x
The author would like to thank Ira Katznelson and Joshua Clinton, who have been invaluable collaborators on related work. Many others have been particularly helpful, especially David Mayhew, Gregory Wawro, E. Scott Alder, David Bateman, Eldon Porter, and participants of the American politics workshops at Brown University, Columbia University, Northwestern University, and MIT, Cal Tech's political economy workshop participants, and participants in NYU's Wilf family politics workshop. The three anonymous AJPS reviewers are also thanked for helpful and insightful suggestions as well as the Russell Sage Foundation's Scholars in Residence Program for a conducive environment for some of the early research on the project and the National Science Foundation (SES 0318280), the Institution for Social and Policy Studies at Yale University, and the Christopher H. Brown Center for International Politics at the University of Pennsylvania for financial assistance for the data collection and analysis effort.
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!