I wish to thank Lisa Blaydes, Barbara Geddes, Jeffrey Lewis, Tyson Roberts, and three anonymous reviewers for helpful comments on this article. I gratefully acknowledge financial support for this research from the Institute for Global Conflict and Cooperation (University of California, San Diego). A web appendix to this article can be found at http://jgwright.bol.ucla.edu/AuthoritarianLegislatures_WebAppendix.pdf.
Do Authoritarian Institutions Constrain? How Legislatures Affect Economic Growth and Investment
Version of Record online: 4 APR 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 322–343, April 2008
How to Cite
Wright, J. (2008), Do Authoritarian Institutions Constrain? How Legislatures Affect Economic Growth and Investment. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 322–343. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00315.x
- Issue online: 4 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 4 APR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!